Wednesday 28 February 2007

nowt really

my damn courtesy car went back today, so am back without wheels. Frigging bastards! That twat that drove into my peugeot has STILL not contacted his insurance people, meaning that I still cannot get back the £250 excess that is driving the price of the insurance payout to a measley £550ish. I paid £1400 for the car a little over a year ago and it was still in really good condition, so this undervaluing by the insurance company is not amusing me in the slightest.

I am also caught in two minds about whether to get another car. I don't really need one at the moment as I (like the bloke in the 60's tv drama series The Prisoner) am living working sleeping drinking and other ing words all in the one town - in my case bleedin Croydonia. But what chance for escape from this locale without a car? Ok yeah there's the trains system and cabs of course - but look we are getting away from the point here. Basically I like a car. I really like to drive, and although I could hire a car or a van for important occasions, there's nothing like having a car outside waiting for your random whim to kick in.

There was vague talk of going to see "the illusionist" at le cinema ce soir with a small group, but this has apparently been forgotten in a smoky haze. The adverts look pretty good - Edward Norton of American History X fame as some kind of magic man in the past. Look to Jonathan Ross for a better synopsis - I'm sure he might tell you that is is a gwipping tour de force.

Haven't really got much more to say here, oh apart from "myspace". Apparently there are 158 million people on myspace - that's one hell of a community. I did set up a myspace last year, but found it incredibly frustrating and formatted, and so deleted it in anger. My mate Dave has just started a myspacesite http://www.myspace.com/tony_harrison_outrage so I thought I might set up one myself to see what the fuss is all about, though to be honest I was kind of wavering a bit as a recurring thought in my earole kept asking the question "... is it only for teenagers, celebrities, bands and nerdy geeks?" If this was the case then due to a simple process of elimination that would make me a nerdy geek." But I had a look, zoomed about a bit here and there and it seems like it's all the bleedin rage, it's just another way for modern folks to swap whatever they want to swap. Inane chat, nonsense and so on. So I conspired to set up a new page. Guess what? The bastards said that due to some nameless whatever I am "ineligible" to join up. So until they reply to my "what the fuck are you on about" email, they will not be 'avin the pleasure of my company.

No comments: